s
Trump Praises Melania’s Mothering of Teen Son Barron and Honors His Own "Angel" Mom in Heartfelt Moment
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
President Donald Trump gushed over first lady Melania Trump 'Mothering Thursday' took place at an East Room event honoring military mothers before Mother's Day.
The Trump family stepped into the East Room collectively, with the president making his way to the lectern to present his spouse.
Melania hasn't returned to live in the White House. White House Instead of being full-time, she divides her time among Washington, D.C., Mar-a-Lago, and New York's Trump Tower.
"I particularly wish to express my gratitude towards one of the finest mothers I am acquainted with; perhaps even the best I have witnessed," Trump stated before an audience predominantly composed of women regarding his spouse. "She excels in her role with Barron, who has matured into a robust and pleasant young man. He’s a fine lad and also performs well academically,”
He then added, 'So I want to thank you, you've done a good job.'
During an uncommonly heartfelt moment, the 78-year-old president also honored his mother, Mary, who died in the year 2000.
"I was blessed with a wonderful mother; she truly was an angel," he stated. "I must admit though, she could also be quite stern at times. There were certainly challenging periods for her as well,” he added, directing his comments towards Attorney General Pam Bondi, who was prominently seated in the front row.
'However, all things considered, extremely good indeed, let me assure you, an outstanding one,' the president further noted.
Mary Anne MacLeod Trump, who hails from Scotland, was highlighted by the president previously on Thursday during his discussion about the new U.S.-U.K. trade agreement.
The initial woman gave short comments to the military mothers.
"The transformative experiences of motherhood render women both invincible and vulnerable simultaneously," stated the first lady.
"It’s astounding, actually, how my son's life still brings forth countless unforeseeable worries and situations for me, up to this very day," she remarked. "Any devoted mother can relate to this distinct sentiment—no slight intended toward dads," she added with a chuckle, gesturing towards the president standing beside her.
'However, in my view, and I believe everybody here shares this sentiment, only a mother can truly understand this specific aspect,' Melania stated.
She went on to discuss the 'individual sacrifices' made by military mothers along with the difficulties associated with caretaking.
I encourage you to make your wellbeing a priority and take care of yourself," she recommended. "Your resilience forms the foundation for a better tomorrow for our kids. By looking after ourselves, we equip the upcoming generations to flourish collectively.
The military mothers gathering was the initial one of two planned East Wing events for Thursday, followed by another White House appearance from Melania who intended to launch a commemorative postage stamp honoring the former First Lady Barbara Bush.
In 2018, Melania went to Barbara Bush's funeral without her spouse, despite him having been highly critical of two of Barbara’s children — ex-President George W. Bush and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush.
The former president as well as the governor aren't anticipated at the White House on Thursday.
The Daily Mail had previously reported on Thursday. That Melania will not join the President for his upcoming journey to the Middle East next week.
Trump departs on Monday and will journey through the night to Saudi Arabia before moving on to Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, with his return to the White House scheduled for Friday.
He traveled with her to Rome recently for Pope Francis's funeral.
As the president left the first lady's event, he was questioned regarding the selection of a new Pope.
'I noticed the smoke, but I didn’t catch sight of the Pope,' Trump commented, adding shortly after that he felt privileged the newly elected Pope Leo hails from America.
Read more- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment