s
I Tested LinkedIn’s New AI Job Search—and It Made the Process Feel Easier Than Ever
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- LinkedIn introduced an AI-driven job search feature to enhance role discovery for users.
- The firm stated that over half of job seekers lose out on potential opportunities due to ambiguous search criteria.
- The AI application enables users to outline their dream job and provides them with more tailored outcomes.
It's difficult to identify the foremost uncomfortable aspect of looking for employment — The entire process can be quite torturous.
I recall feeling anxious about job hunting after graduating from college. While I was clear on my passions and had an idea of my ultimate career goals, I wasn't certain how to start looking for opportunities.
To assist in addressing some of the difficulties associated with searching for employment, LinkedIn introduced a new function on Wednesday enabling users to locate open positions by detailing their preferences in the search box.
The career platform announced on Wednesday that over half of job seekers lose out on suitable positions due to their uncertainty about which filters to use. Additionally, the firm stated that around 67% of professionals struggle with identifying appropriate job titles to look for.
The AI-powered search is aimed at comprehending the user's intention and delivering “accurate end-matched outcomes,” according to the statement.
"By leveraging our new AI-driven job search feature, you can now easily describe exactly what you're looking for using your own terminology," says Tomer Cohen, Chief Product Officer at LinkedIn. wrote In an announcement about the new tool posted online.
At LinkedIn's launch event on Tuesday, I got to try out the tool. The main thing that struck me is how much easier my job search after graduation would have been with this resource available.
It makes searching for jobs seem more manageable.
I really liked utilizing the new feature as it enabled me to manage the job search myself rather than attempting to figure out which roles matched up with employer-defined descriptions. This single aspect made the whole process of looking for a job seem much less daunting.
Rather than employing general phrases such as "entry-level marketing" and subsequently filtering through industries, users now have access to a more precise option. They can input specifics like, “I am looking for jobs in marketing within the video game sector despite having zero experience,” and the system will generate highly relevant outcomes specifically tied to the video gaming field.
The recently introduced AI-driven search feature isn’t completely groundbreaking. Before this update, individuals had the ability to apply various filters to refine their searches. In addition, last year, LinkedIn unveiled its chat-based job search for premium subscribers, aiding in query translation. However, according to a statement from a LinkedIn representative to Business Insider, the previous tech was described as “outdated” and constrained by predefined categories and conventional roles.
The spokesperson stated that they discovered which queries their members preferred and enhanced the technology, resulting in an improved and sturdier user experience. They also noted that their members showed great interest in conversational searches, leading them to further refine the technology for better performance.
According to the spokesperson, the updated AI-driven search feature understands subtleties in wording and user intention. People might express queries such as “I wish to apply my marketing expertise to tackle global warming” or “I aim to utilize my engineering abilities to journey to Mars.”
The search will still yield pertinent positions, even if the precise wording isn’t present in the job listing, according to the spokesperson.
It's particularly useful for people unsure of how to begin.
Should you be an experienced English educator with a decade under your belt seeking employment at another educational institution, typing "English teacher" into the search box should do the trick. In earlier versions of LinkedIn’s job search feature, individuals had the option to narrow down their hunt further by specifying preferred locations along with desired salary brackets through various filter options.
The route might not always be obvious for new graduates or those considering a career shift. At 26, several of my peers have recognized their desire for a change but lack direction on what steps to take next. This resource seems especially beneficial for individuals seeking an initial push to explore potential career options and start generating ideas.
For instance, an individual aiming to shift from a cybersecurity position within a technology corporation to a specialized cybersecurity firm can customize their job search accordingly. Likewise, a legal professional seeking opportunities in a specific field like mining law can highlight this preference during their hunt.
Candidates might also choose to diversify their job search due to having limited experience, using queries like: "I am interested in working in sales; however, my background is mainly in customer service. Please suggest roles where both of these skills could be utilized."
From my previous attempts, it appears that the positions which emerged were pertinent to my query.
For instance, when I entered "I'm keen on pursuing a career in journalism despite lacking professional writing experience," I came across multiple roles that caught my interest early on in my journey.
A lot of the positions that appeared had quite few candidates, typically around 100 or less, making them seem more within reach compared to the highly sought-after listings I previously encountered.
Should you find pleasure in this narrative, make certain to follow. Business Insider on MSN.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment